Health Insurance Company In India

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Health insurance in case of pre-existing diseases

All Health Insurance Companies have their own policy wordings to provide coverage for pre-existing disease, depending upon the exclusion time or the waiting period of the disease. The required cover may be provided after the insured has availed continuous coverage for 1 year, 2 year or 3 years, depending upon the underwriting clauses of the company.

Every insurer has certain exclusion time, which may vary from 6 months to 24 months. During this time, there is no insurance coverage provided to an insured, but after this specific time period, he/she is financially and medically protected.

6 comments:

  1. It is good to know that insurance companies cover diseases that a person is already suffering from. I somehow used to think that they don't and that is why I never bothered getting a health insurance plan.

    A friend, who had been trying to convince me for years to get insurance for me and my kids, sent me this link (just to prove me wrong).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Apollo Munich's Maxima and was able to avail coverage benefits for pre-existing disease for outpatient treatment without any waiting period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maxima id 360 degree product and i also have the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maxima offers the outpatient cover for the pre-existing disease.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also thought health insurance did not cover pre-existing illnesses... thanks for clarifying...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have used the plans from Apollo Munich, they are very good. the main benefit is the fact that the insurance plans are easily viewable online.

    ReplyDelete