Health Insurance Company In India

Friday, January 22, 2010

Why should I take Family Floater Health Plan if I already have health insurance from my employer?

If you are working with some organization that provides you health cover under a corporate or a group plan, it is always advisable to have a Family Floater Health Plan from Apollo Munich in addition to a group plan so that you can take advantage of the health cover for a longer period of time.

The Group Health Insurance Plan, from your employer, terminates as soon as you leave the job. So, in order to have long term health benefits, you should have a Family Floater Plan that provides coverage to you and your family members, which can include your spouse, your dependent children and your dependent parents, under a single plan.

6 comments:

  1. I have a health insurance policy from my employer, and I was wondering about the use of getting a health insurance plan for my family. This proved to be useful in realising the need of both. I will take a family floater plan, as in, one on my own expense, for which neither me nor my family need to depend on anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Apollo Munich family plan, apart from employers coverage so that my health cover would be able to fetch me pre-policy benefits, even if i stopped my services with the company, i am presently working in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you should have family floater plan, as your emplyer coverage will only give you short-term benefits. in order to avail long-term coverage, buy family plan on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because you would not be able to enjoy the health cover benefits, after your leave your job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have always been confused about this... well explained... and i buy the reason.. i will look at apollo munich..

    ReplyDelete
  6. family plans are good... i have one too..

    ReplyDelete